Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel

Maupay na aga ha iyo ngatanan! 

Happy Halloween! Man I've missed 2 now!! But that's ok. I don't miss the scary, but I do miss the dressing up, games and free candy. haha Have fun and stay safe! 

Yesterday at church Sister Russon and I were asked to be speakers, 5 minutes before Sacrament meeting started. I gave an on the spot talk on Service in the church and callings. While I have been on my mission, I have really learned the importance of magnifying our callings. In different branches and wards, I have seen first hand the successes and struggles that come when people do and don't magnify their callings. The church just doesn't function how it is supposed to. 

Also, yesterday some of our Less Actives came to church for the first time in a long time. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect. He is perfect. But we are NOT. The church is for the perfecting of the Saints. As we attend our church services happily, with a good attitude, looking to learn and magnifying our callings, we will be uplifted, blessed, and our burdens will be lightened. 

"Put your shoulder to the wheel, push along! Do your duty with a heart full of song. We all have work, let no one shirk, put your shoulder to the wheel." There are people waiting for YOU. That only you can help. Only you can be their saving angel through your service, so put your should to the wheel! 

I love you all! Don't have too much fun without me this Halloween! ;)

Sister Healey

p.s. send me pictures of your Halloween costumes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment