Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, June 5, 2016

CATBALOGAN, SAMAR

Maupay na Aga! 

Guess what . . . . I transferred!!! I got the call Tuesday morning from our mission president Maurer, so Tanauan 1st was "whitewashed" which means 2 missionaries are transferred out and 2 new in. I have been assigned in Catbalogan, Samar and am currently an STL (Sister Training Leader). It is like the District/Zone Leader equivalent for Sister Missionaries. I am speaking Waray Waray still but it is a little bit different here! I'm now a 3 island mission!! Woooo! The San Juanico bridge from Leyte to Samar was so pretty. :) 

My new companion is Sister Prudencio from Gilbert, Arizona, USA, so we are two Americans. haha It make things really interesting. We get a LOT of attention and people are always speaking English to us. It reminds me of when I first got here and during my training. Catbalogan is beautiful. By far the prettiest place I have been so far. It is a mix of mountain sides and coastal so we spend all day long climbing cement stairs. haha I almost passed out the first time. My legs were shaking and face dripping, but man, when we got to the top it was worth it. So pretty! To quote my Companion, "We are in one of the prettiest places in the world and people don't even know it." Pictures don't do it justice. 

My neighbors now are Sister Arais and Sister Bombasi! Sister Arais was my STL back on Biliran and now I am her STL here in Catbalogan! They are both super sweet and fun. 

This has been one of my most exhausting areas so far, but I have never been happier. Serving the Lord and our brothers and sisters, helping others become happy despite all of the trials life throws at us makes all of the bug bites, sweat, and tears worth it. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. I know that is true with all of my heart. That is why He sent His son Jesus Christ to suffer and die for us. So that we could be happy. So that we could enjoy our lives. So that we could return to live with Him again. 

That is our message. I am so blessed that that is my life right now, sharing that message. 

Hinay kam perme.

Sister Healey




 Investigators: the Lourdes Family.
 The kids are adorable and they stand at the door every
time we leave and say ‘byebye’ until we are out of sight.

A gigantic (still living) dragon fly


So beautiful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment