Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year! 

Kamusta ang inyong Pasko!?! Haha it was a hot Christmas here! Like our tiny Christmas tree? haha On Christmas we went out and sang hymns and a message about Jesus Christ with our Less Actives. We sang "Where can I Turn for Peace?" (One of my favorite hymns) and we shared a scripture found in 2 Nephi 19:6 which says something about the birth of Christ and we emphasized about Him being the Prince of Peace. I know that no matter what we go through we can find peace in our Savior Jesus Christ. And the picture on the beach was on Dec 25th. Featuring Sister Pongyan. A merry Christmas indeed. :) Haha  There were a LOT of drunk people everywhere. We had a few drunk tatays try and talk about religion with us, but they were so wasted, one guy said his favorite scripture was John 3:16 and he quoted, "Forgive! So love the world! . . . " haha it was so funny. 

The Encina family committed to get married!! They have lived together for 19 years but still aren't married. Tatay had a lot of concerns about money and marriage, but yesterday we went and visited them with our Branch President and a few members and taught about the Law of Chastity, Marriage, and temples. The spirit was so strong and tatay almost cried. They have come so far and I love them so much. I know one day they will be sealed in the temple. 

This morning we woke up really early and went and played basketball with the Encina kids in Caray-Caray, close to their home. And some of their neighborhood friends joined in. It was fun and Johnson is really good! It's becoming a P-Day tradition now. :) 

I feel like so much happened this week, but no time for details! We had our Christmas Conference in Ormoc which was really fun! And I got mail! That was exciting! And I got to skype home which was really nice. And funny to see my family's reactions when they heard my Cebuano.. haha reminds me of my first day in here in the Philippines. I love this work and I can't believe it is almost 2016!! Make great new years resolutions and actually TRY to keep them this year!! Cge?! haha  Until next year! ;) 

Amping Kanunay! 

Sister Healey

Package sent with Maddie to open on Christmas Eve.
A Healey Family tradition

New Christmas pajamas to wear to bed on Christmas eve
for Sister Healey and her companion


A sunny Christmas day

Basketball on P-day!

Christmas conference


No comments:

Post a Comment