Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Look for the happiness in life, because it is there, and sometimes all it takes to find it is a change of perspective.

Malipayon Pasko!!! 

I'm a mother!!! haha My anak is Sister Pongyan (21) from Cavite which is in Lozone so she is Tagalog gayud. But she was not called to serve in Tacloban Mission. Her real mission is Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission,but she is waiting on her visa so she can go to the states. So for now, she is here in Tacloban Mission! PTM! haha  She doesn't even know the basics of Cebuano because she was in the English District in the MTC. BUT she is learning! haha So she will (hopefully) be here and finish training in our mission, then siguro after training she will get her visa and head out to the states! So any of you that live over there, and see her, ask about me! Haha It's so funny. She calls me "Nanay" or "Nay" I don't think she has called me Sister Healey once, but she is really sweet and funny. We get along well. :) 

I can't believe it is almost Christmas!! AHH I'm so excited!! We have a Christmas Conference in Ormoc this week where we will get all of the mail that the mission office has been Keeping from us all month! So Merry Christmas! As far as actual Christmas, we still go out and work! But what better way of spending Christmas than sharing about Jesus Christ. One thing that is different here is the caroling. Back home we go caroling to spread Christmas Cheer and visit people with cookies or something, but here Caroling is people (normally kids) going door to door banging together rocks, pans, sticks, and begging for money. Like they don't just sing for fun. So that crossed that proselyting idea of the list... 

It's funny how right now it is the "Brrr" months here in the Philippines, but it is still SO hot. haha the only white thing about Christmas this year is going to be me. Today is the branch Christmas Party and my zone is singing for the Christmas Conference. Our apartment doesn't have any decorations in it, and I have no clue what we will eat for Christmas, siguro the usual, but I am still so happy. Those things are nice, but not essential. I am just so grateful for Jesus Christ and His love. He is the gift. He is our Savior. 

This Christmas, spend time with your family. Love them. Even if you are angry at them right now, love them. Hug them. Do little acts of kindness that shows them your love. and most of all, remember the true meaning of Christmas. 

I love you all. Ang akong paglaum para sa inyo, pikakadabest inyong Pasko!

Amping Kanunay. Make a snowman for me. Lick an ice sickle. Send me a picture of you in the rain and warm clothes. But most of all, look for the happiness in life. Because it is there, and sometimes all it takes to find it is a change of perspective. :) 

Sister Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment