Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Transfers, Sister Newton goes home, I'm Training!

Kamusta Ang Tanan! 

Today is Transfer day! I am in Tacloban and will be here until Thursday because I am training!! So I am Staying in Naval, Biliran for the next two cycles as I train my anak! Sister Newton is heading home this week to America as her mission comes to a close. She has served long and hard. She will be missed. Rest in Peace Sister Newton. But! I'm excited to be training! haha Right after my own training... but I will do my best! And I will be leading the area! Shempre kay I'm the trainer. It will be an adventure.

Yesturday I worked in Dagami, Leyte which is Waray. haha It was fun to transfer and I actually really liked it! Waray is a much slower spoken language compared to Cebuano which is fast paced, and Dagami is Sister Powell's area! So for these few days I have been reunited with my companions from the MTC! Until Thursday, Sister Allen will be my companion because she is training too! haha and neither of us really know Waray ... and we are in Tacloban, which is Waray. So that will be fun! 

As a few of you probably know there was a typhoon that hit here in Tacloban mission these past 2 days, but no worries, we are all safe. :) It hasn't been too bad where I have been. Especially as I traveled I missed the worst of it. 

This last week we had a black out in Biliran, not weather related. The whole island's power was out. If only one area goes out it is called a "Brown out" and those are pretty common, but to have the whole island out was rare. I still don't know what happened, but it eventually came back on. 

We also had Mission Tour! The Area 70, President Ardern, came and spoke and gave a training this past week. It was really good and motivating to get out there and work even harder. 

We also had an FHE this week with our investigators, the Encina Family! It was so fun. I love them so much. Tatay is still stubborn as ever but he said he is going to stop smoking cold turkey for New Years!! I love them so much! He also refused a picture with his family, so we had to sneak a picture. haha Too bad you can't see his face. 

This last Sunday, Sister Newton's last, so many Less Active Members came to church! It was the best feeling ever when we saw them. Families and members that we have been visiting and visiting and just haven't done anything, BUT they came to church. And they looked so happy! It really makes such a difference in our lives! There is a reason that going to church is a commandment. Because in the end, all of the commandments of God are for our happiness, right? 

I love this work and helping others remember God and His love for them. One thing that I have noticed as I have studied the scriptures is they say a lot, "...to bring them into remembrance..." because our lives are so busy, and we get caught up in ourselves and our own problems and lives that we forget God. We forget our Savior Jesus Christ. It is through church, reading the scriptures, and prayer that we remember Him. If we we don't do those things, God will make us remember Him by giving us trials and tribulation to knock some sense back into us. 

So remember God. Remember and be grateful for all of the blessings you have in your life, before He makes you remember. Because really, all He wants is our eternal joy and happiness. 

Amping Kanunay,

Sister Healey







No comments:

Post a Comment