Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, January 3, 2016

A LOUD New Years Eve and progress with investigators :)

Maayong Buntag sa inyo tanan!

Kamusta kamo?! How are all of your resolutions going?! haha Keeping at it? Better be because it hasn't even been a whole week yet! For new years in the Philippines, it was fun! "It's more fun in the Philippines." diba? It was SO loud. Here New Years is a bigger occasion than Christmas! So there wasn't a lot of work this week, but we tried nevertheless! Everyone was busy preparing food and there were even more people drunk than for Christmas. But every house we visited they offered us food and it is rude to refuse so we were so full on New Years Eve. I felt like I was going to throw up. And we when to bed at 10:30 new years eve, but then woke up at midnight because there were fireworks RIGHT outside our window. And There were firework everywhere! And everyone was shooting off there guns, horns were going off, I think I heard a chainsaw (even though I have never seen one here), and people just bang stuff together to make noise. haha there was no hope for sleeping. But the fireworks were really cool. And I am excited for my year of 2016 to be full of miracles and serving the Lord. 

Sister Pongyan and I are doing great! She is so funny and because she is white for a Filipina and her last name, everyone asks her is she is Chinese or Korean or Taiwanese. haha So we still look like 2 foreigners. It has been fun being with her and I am learning a little bit of Tagalog (Filipino) and Hiligaynon (Ilonggo). Because she does not know Waray or Cebuano. But we are making it work in lessons. Even though they are in like 5 different languages. And this week is her Birthday! She is turning 22! So email her and wish her a happy birthday for me! ;) (apongyan@myldsmail.net

This week I learned that when filipinos get annoyed or angry they bite their lip and raise their fist like they will punch you. I had noticed it before but hadn't really made the connection, but now we do it all the time. It is pretty funny. 

Tatay Encina shaved his head! He is clean cut now and they are working on marriage plans!

While being here in the Philippines I have been compared to Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, and Barbie. So that's funny. 

But I am doing well! I love the work! And no matter how many disappointments or trials we face, whether in the mission or life, I know that we can overcome it all through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Miracles happen daily, we just have to put in the effort to notice them. I love you all and until next week!

Amping kanunay!

Sister Healey


New Years Eve
Sister Pongyan and Sister Healey



No comments:

Post a Comment