Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, January 31, 2016

6 Months!!! Time is passing too quickly!

Kumusta Kamo?!

This week we received our new kabalay! Sister Malicdem and her anak Sister Pillora. They are super nice! I think Naval has turned into a training grounds for the mission! I have been here for a third of my mission! I can't believe this week I am reaching my 6 month mark. One year left!! I don't like thinking about it.. I love it here. 

This morning Sister Pongyan and I went to the Gym! We found one that is pretty cheap so we went and tried it out! It was so nice to be back in the weight room. But it was pretty funny. There were a few Joe's (old white men) there and one of them, a German, started talking to Sister Pongyan. I was still working out, but she told me he just came up and the first thing he said to her, "Hey, are you wearing it?" haha she was confused and asked him "wearing what?", and he said "your garments." So random. Then he went on to ask a lot of questions about the church and I guess he had done some research online and knows a lot of stuff about some reforms from our Church. He asked us about some name that is supposedly our prophet and how he is in jail right now. We were like. um, no, we don't know who that is.. but he said he might come to church on Sunday! Who knows if he will but it was a pretty interesting conversation. 

This past week our bathroom has been out of order because Sister Pillora's soap fell in the toilet and she tried to flush it... so there is a brand new Dove soap bar blocking the pipe. Luckily, until we can figure out what to do about it, or get it fixed, our "laba" or laundry area outside in the back has a little toilet. So if we have to go it is a race outside. haha 

Recently I have been reading in the Bible and studying how the Book of Mormon and the Bible really do support each other. How they are both so important. I know that scriptures are so important in our day to day lives. We have these tools that we have been blessed with and we don't even use them. Imagine being given a free brand new Porsche and then not even driving it. Sayang. Remember to read your scriptures every day! We need to study and know what we believe so when the day comes and someone asks what we believe, we are ready. 
"Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." (Doctrine and Covenants 11:21

Amping Kanunay, 

Sister Healey


Note:  The "reforms" and the prophet in jail that the German man referred to are from the Fundamentalist LDS church.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for which Madison is serving a mission has no affiliation at all with the FLDS church, it's leader, or it's teachings.


Last day with Sister Maico and Sister Estrera

No comments:

Post a Comment