Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Called to Serve

Maayong Buntag! 

Musta?! Anything crazy happen this past week? :)

This is my last week with Sister Pongyan, then our training is over. She has just grown up so fast.. But really she is a great missionary and I am so honored that I had the opportunity to be her first companion in the mission field. 

One of the best things that happened this week was, one of the less active families committed to prepare to go to the temple! I am so excited for them. I have been in Naval, Biliran for almost 6 months now and I have seen a lot of changes happen in the Branch. I have seen people come and go. I love these people on Biliran. I have also recently been able to see some inactive families come back to the church. I have seen how their lives have changed and how they are so much happier now. When we go visit them they are all smiling and lifting each other up. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ really does bless families. Some of them are getting involved in missionary work and have even started going and working with us! It makes me so happy to see them happy, especially as some of them are thinking about serving missions. 

I encourage every single person who even has the opportunity to serve a mission, girl or boy, whatever your age. If there is even a possibility that you could serve, DO IT. My mission has changed my life. I would be a completely different person if I didn't serve. I really know who I am now. I know what I believe in and what I stand for. I am so grateful for this opportunity for the Lord to shape me into the person I am today. 

"Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies."-Pres. Thomas S. Monson 

If you are not worthy to serve right away, I wasn't either and it took work.  START NOW, prepare now, repent now. Don't think about the "what if's", don't think about the "lost time" or getting behind in education or the lost experiences. If you DON'T go, you are missing out on one of the greatest adventures and experiences and service that you will never be able to get back. This is a once in a life time opportunity. DON'T MISS IT. You don't want to look back one day with regrets, wishing you would have served. I will NEVER regret my mission. One of the biggest blessings I have received from my mission is my testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I'm so thankful for my family and their support. I am thankful for all my friends, roommates, primary teachers, young women's teachers, Bishop's, and everyone else who played a role in my life to help me get to where I am today. But most importantly, I am thankful for my Loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. 

This is His work and His glory, so that makes it mine. I will serve Him for the rest of my life, and I will serve those around me because "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." 

I love you all. Amping Kanunay. Look for ways to serve those around you. 

If you are within the age limits for serving a mission. DO IT. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are, or the circumstances you are in. We are Called to the work. Turn out, not in. If you have already served a mission, remember: Just because you don't have a name tag now, does NOT mean that your mission is over. 

We will bring the world His truth. 

Sister Healey




No comments:

Post a Comment