Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Petting a lion, new Sisters coming to the area to help, and becoming a pro at saying yes with her eyebrows :)

Kamusta Ang Tanan!

This week has been crazy! We had transfers and cleaning day! Because I am being trained, I stayed here in Naval and Sister Newton is still my companion/trainer (Nanay). So I have 6 more weeks with her until she heads home!

Last Monday we had a zone activity and went to the zoo! And it wasn't anything like America, shempre. It was like a small parking lot, with a bunch of animals in cages. And I got to pet a lion!!! A LION. hahah I love the Philippines. There were big snakes, some turtles, tigers, and a monkey tied to a pole. It was so cool.

It was weird being here for Halloween! They don't celebrate Halloween the same way we do! They sell decorations in the stores, but kids don't go trick or treating. Halloween was just like any other day, except Sister Newton and I bought candy to eat at the end of the day. haha What is big is the day after Halloween. All Souls Day. It's a holiday here where people (mostly Catholics) go to the Cemetery and hangout/party in tribute for the dead.

We've been preparing and cleaning because 2 more sister missionaries are coming to Naval! So it won't just be us! We are splitting the area so Sister Newton and I will have South Naval, the area that Kim lives in. And the other Sisters will have North.

The work is going great! We don't have any progressing investigators right now, but a lot of new ones! We are working hard and have a lot of hope for the families we are teaching right now! I can't believe I have already been on my mission for 4 months! Times flies!!! I'm doing awesome and I know that this is God's work. I love it here so much. It is definitely hard, and we have trials for sure, but I have learned so much.

I am a pro at saying yes with my eyebrows now. And I don't flinch at cockroaches and spiders. Basically I can take on the world.

Until next time, Amping!


Sister Healey

I got to pet a lion!

Sister Newton, Sister Healey and a giant snake!

Service project.

Celebrating a member's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment