Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! Some things I am thankful for.



Maayong Buntag! 

And Happy Thanksgiving! haha they don't celebrate that here, but we will still try to do something in our apartment! So hopefully pictures next week! 

For the spirit of Thanksgiving, I just want to say some of the things I'm thankful for.

1 My family and their support and love for me
2 The Gospel of Jesus Christ
3 The opportunity that I have to share the Gospel and serve a mission
4 My testimony, and all the experiences that helped me gain it
5 My trials
6 There are so many blessings in my life that if I were to put them all there wouldn't be any room left...
7 THE PHILIPPINES!

So this week has been AWESOME! I don't even know what has happened... but the Encina family came to church!!! Well, the mom and the daughter lang, but that is still really exciting!!! They are slowly progressing and I have a lot of hope for them. As of right now their Baptismal date is January 30, 2016! Sadly this week we had to drop a few investigators because they are not keeping their commitments. It breaks my heart, when people turn away from the Gospel. We all have our agency, the gift of choice, and we can't force anyone to do anything. We all have to find out for ourselves if it is true or not. They get that they have to act, but they just don't. It's just like, "THIS IS YOUR SALVATION! How hard is it to pray and ask if it's true?!" haha I think people are just afraid that if they know it is true they will have to change and they don't want to change. It's rough, but we just have to keep trying! Paglahutay hangtud sa katapusan! (Endure to the End). I know that there are people that God has been preparing to receive the Gospel. It's just our (Kita Tanan) job to find them! Members and missionaries!

I have such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and His atonement. One of my favorite pictures of Him, is Him standing outside of a door, and there is no handle, but he is knocking. That door represents our lives. He is always there, waiting for us to let Him in, we just have to be the one to open the door. Ether 12:27 Through Christ we can overcome anything. 

This week we went hiking up in the Bukid to try an find an investigators house. Sadly we never found them... but we got some cool pictures! haha and found a baby goat! But you could see the ocean, from where we were, so beautiful. Have I mentioned that I love the Philippines? Oh... I have? Oh well. You'll probably hear it for the next year and a half so get used to it. ;) 

Also, here in the Philippines, bread is SO cheap. I love it. And I have to have rice with every meal now. Like it is a must. What is happening to me? haha

I'm doing great. So don't worry! Love you all! I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do too! Go read your scriptures! 

Until Next Week! Amping!

Sister Healey

We found a baby goat!

It's so beautiful here!

In the Jungle!





No comments:

Post a Comment