Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?



Maupay na Aga! 

Kamusta man kam? Sorry no update last week. I was too busy skyping my family for mother's day!! This last Monday was election day here in the Philippines so it was super busy. It was dangerous to work so we stayed home most of the day, (except to skype). It was so good to see them and hear their voices. It is so funny. One of the first things they told me was that I have a Polynesian accent. I think they have accents! It's so fun to hear them pronounce Filipino words and things. :)  After all it's more fun in the Philippines. ;) 

We had a ZTM (Zone Training Meeting) this past week and we had Stake Conference. Recently Sister Esekia and I have been really focusing on finding Less Active families and members. It has been so fun meeting all of these amazing people and doing all we can to love and serve them.

Yesterday when we were walking down the highway at night because there were no service cars or pedicabs, we passed this little house and a little girl was out fetching water. She saw us and just came and hugged me then went back to fetch more water. It was so random. But sweet. haha The filipino kids love foreigners. They always yell out to me and practice their English or "He Joe!" or "Americana, Americana!" There is never a boring day here. 

We had a CSP (Community Service Project) in one of the Barangays (kind of like a big neighborhood). It was SO hot. But we wore the yellow Mormon Helping Hands pennys and picked up garbage around the Barangay Hall and playground. It was so fun and one old tatay that lives there was yelling at all the other people that live there passing by, "Why don't you help?! You live here! They have people not from here cleaning up your garbage!" Then he said something about some of us members cleaning being from Africa. haha It was so funny. 

I love missionary work and doing service. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." Right? :) So lets all look for opportunities in our day to day lives to serve. I heard a quote the other day from a Quorum of the Seventy, that I really like. "Happiness does not mean fun. It is peace and joy from knowing you are doing the right thing." 

I know that is true and that true happiness in life comes from following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. 


I love you all. I hope you had a good week. :) Take care always. 

Sister Healey

Sister Esekia and Sister Healey

Helping Hands Service Project


No comments:

Post a Comment