Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, May 1, 2016

9 Months na. Half way X(

Maupay na Aga! 

Kamusta kamo?! We are finally starting to get better! Hopefully we will return to the work this week. (I'm so sick of sitting at home) Sister Esekia and I are doing great! This past week I lost my voice, but the few days we did work, we saw some miracles. 

This one cool experience was, we were waiting on a Tricycle (A motorcycle with a big side cart for passengers) to go out to a far area and as we waited, I started talking to this lady next to me. One thing led to the next and she asked, "How does someone become Mormon?" and it was like "ding ding ding! Correct question!!" Missionaries love that question. Right then right there, even as we were squished in this little cart, surrounded by people, needing to shout because of the wind, I taught her the first lesson. When she got off the tricycle she gave us her number. The next morning we went and taught her and she cried as we all felt the Holy Ghost testify of the truth. Her name is Cherry. It just goes to show that we don't know who will receive the message. Who is ready. 

Our job as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to open our mouths at all times and in all places. Sharing the good news of the restored gospel. The Lord is preparing those ready and willing. We just have to find them. You never know. Just get out there and "swing" It doesn't matter if you are rejected. What matters is that you tried. 

As for the rest of my week: 

I killed a gigantic spider in our bathroom. 
My Hawaiian housemate taught me to play the ukulele. 
I got a little more updated in my journal. 
I went to a funeral and helped dress the dead person for burial. 

Iton la. I'm still alive and kicking and loving serving the Lord. 

As for all of you, why don't you ask yourself. "What more can I do?" Or as the Apostle said, "What lack I yet?" 

I ask myself that everyday. Let's all continue to improve and become more Christ-like. 

I love you all! Take care! And happy mother's day next Sunday to all of you mother figures in the world. :) 

Sister Healey

P.S. That spider is holding a dead cockroach. 

The gigantic spider in the bathroom!






No comments:

Post a Comment