Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Maupay na aga!!

Kamusta kamo ngatanan!? And thank you for the birthday wishes! I can't believe I'm 20 now. That's so weird. The Filipinos don't believe me. Even though I'm really tall, they say I have a baby face. haha I'm so thankful that I was able to spend my birthday serving the Lord. My kabalay (Roommates) made me a sign and my companion bought me some ice cream. :) So it was a good day.

It's so crazy how fast time flies. I'm sorry my emails have gotten shorter. I can't believe I've been out for so long. It feels like I got here to the Philippines just a month ago. Things just feel normal now. I never had culture shock but I would definitely notice things that were different when I first got here. Everything is just so normal now, like riding in pedicabs or Tricycles or jeepneys, and eating rice with every meal; catcalls, everyone yelling "Sister" or sometimes "Elder" when they see us, the staring, buying fresh meat from the market, constantly having bugs everywhere - ants, cockroaches, spiders, mice, and SO many mosquitos.  I'm used to seeing Filipinos brown skin and flat noses. It's so weird seeing white people (most of the time old men) with big noses and pale skin. It makes me uncomfortable. hahaha No wonder people stare at me!!  I think when I go home I'm going to have culture shock. I'll probably point at things with my lips and who knows what else. So if you guys have questions for me just ask! :)

Elections are going on right now here in the Philippines, at least here on Leyte. There are posters EVERYWHERE, and there are cars blasting music that just drive all over town with banners for the election. 

Yesterday we were able to watch the General Woman's Conference and it was SO good. I loved how they had a choir filled with people from all around the world. It was such a good session and I am excited to watch General Conference this coming weekend.

I love you all! Paghinay kamo permente!

Sister Healey




Happy birthday Sister Healey!



No comments:

Post a Comment