Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Now serving in TANAUAN, LEYTE

Maupay na aga.

Waray waray na ak! I have been transferred to Tanauan 1st Ward on Leyte island. I'm now in Tacloban Zone! My new companion is Sister Esekia from Samoa! I am follow-up training her. She is really nice, but is struggling with the language so I teach most of the lessons.. in Waray. Haha My language is so mixed up now. I am switching and I'm kind of worried that I'll forget my Cebuano. 

Transfers were on Wednesday and I said goodbye to Naval. Tuesday night the members threw me a farewell party/Family Home Evening and I got the traditional flour dumping on the head after the closing prayer. I love Naval and I will truly miss all of the friendships and amazing people that I was blessed to be able to meet. I may just be one of the many missionaries that comes and goes, like all the rest, but I will never forget them and all of the experiences we had together. The good and the bad. I will go back to visit them someday. Until that day, Amping kamo kanunay. Kitakits. 

Changing to Waray Waray has been interesting. It's been kind of hard, but it has come mush faster than I thought it would. Tanauan is bigger than Naval and has a lot more people. I'm still kind of lost, haha but I'm glad I have Sister Esekia to take me from one appointment to the next. The ward is really nice and they have really welcomed me here in Tanauan. We even played volleyball this morning! Which was a lot of fun! 

I'm excited to be here in Tanauan and will do my best to serve and love the people. Gihap, mahibaro an Waray. Tub tub ha sunod na semana,

Paghinay kamo permente. 

Sister Healey

Sister Esekia, Sister Healey and two other sisters
now serving in Tanauan, Leyte


Sister Healey with the children in Naval Branch

Sister Healey will be missed

Traditioal flour dumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment