Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Monday, November 21, 2016

PALOMPON, LEYTE



Maayong buntag sa inyong tanan! 

Alums na! I am now reporting from my last area in the Ormoc Stake, Palompon, Leyte! 

And it is VERY Cebuano! haha Nosebleed kaayo! It has been difficult to change and I miss Waray Waray! I still understand and remember a lot, surprisingly, from my first area (almost a year ago) when I spoke Cebuano, but it is hard to speak! I am no longer translating from English to Cebauno, but I'm now translating from Waray to Cebuano! because I kind of think in Waray Waray now! Haha I love Tacloban Mission. Now I'm worried I will forget Waray Waray. Agiiii

Pero it's ok lang because my anak is Bisdak (Fluent in Cebuano). She is from Monkayo, Compostela Valley, Mindanao! Under Butuan Mission: Sister Cornites! 
She is really nice and super funny! We whitewashed and are still trying to get on our feet, but Palompon is great and the members are really nice and helpful. 

We didn't make it to our area until Friday night because there was a miscommunication of where our key to the apartment was. In the end we picked it up from LBC, OYM-ed some people and then found out where our apartment was. 

This will be my last area and last companion. I don't like thinking about it... I'm just going to keep working hard, and pretend I still have a long ways to go! Missionary work is SO important because people are important. And we have the tools and guidance to get us through. I love you all! Take care always! (And please keep my dad in your prayers because he is really sick.) 

Amping mo kanunay!

Sister Healey

 

 With some Palompon Branch missionaries

 When I got my Anak it was pouring rain so we didn't stay at McCarthur park, we went back to the church for the transfer announcement (please ignore the backdrop I have no idea what that event is)

I'm lucky because Sister Cornites knows how to cook :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment