Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Friday, September 11, 2015

Thankful for the opportunity to serve the people in the Philippines.

Kamusta pamilya ug mga amigos! (Turns out "higala" is deep Cebuano and rarely used)

This will be the last time you hear from me while I'm in the States! Next week we fly out on Thursday so we will miss our P-day! So I don't know when I'll be able to email next, because I'll be in the PHILIPPINES!!!

Yesterday we got to Skype with some Filipinos again! And they complimented my Cebuano! I'm sure they were just being nice... haha but It was so exciting! The sister's whole family was there and they all were so excited to talk to us, we didn't really get to teach a full lesson. But we bore our testimonies and they did too. I am so pumped to just be there already. I have no clue if my first area will be Cebuano or Waray-Waray, but I'll let you all know next time!

Yesterday was also In-field training, but it was with everyone who is leaving within a week so everything was in English. I'll tell you what, it was weird teaching and testifying in English. And WAY easier! But I'm so thankful for the mission I have and wouldn't want it any other way. I love the people in the Philippines already. It has been such a humbling experience learning a new language. I know there would be no possible way for me to do this without God's help.

 Ether 12:26-27 “…the Lord spake unto me saying: “Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

It is through our Heavenly Father that I have strength and will be able to do anything. It won't be me changing peoples’ lives in the Philippines, it will be Him. I'm just a tool in His Hands.

Kanusa kamo magampo nga ihatag mga salamat para inyong mga panalangin. Count your blessings.

Gihiguma kamo sa Dios.

Keep on keepin on.


Sister Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment