Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Friday, September 4, 2015

Famous hair and flight plans to the Philippines!

Kamusta pamilya ug mga higala!

It feels like I have been here at the MTC forever, haha, and the language is slowly improving. My spelling was bad before my mission and... well Cebuano is making it worse! haha In Cebuano things are spelled how they sound! The other day I was writing in my journal and I accidentally wrote "cud" instead of "could." It's a good thing I have spell check on email, or this email would be a mess.

For the Tuesday Devotional, Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke to us! It was really good! He spoke about the importance of teaching with the spirit. My companions and I were in the choir and sang "Lead Kindly Light" and the devotional was broadcast to the MTC's all around the world! There was a video feed that showed where all the MTC's around the world are, and it was really cool. And… the top of my bun was in the video shot, so you know, my hair is famous around the world! (And a few bobby pins.)

And guess what?!?! I got flight plans today!! I will be leaving the MTC on September 17th at 3:30 am! Crazy right?! Between layovers and the time change, I will arrive in the Philippines on the 18th at 10:35 pm! So. Exciting!!

Don't get me wrong, I am kinda (really) nervous, BUT I am SO excited!! It will be so amazing! Our teachers who have served in the Philippines have been telling us some of the stories from their missions and it has gotten our whole zone so pumped! Last night we got to Skype with some Filipinos, in the Philippines, and get to know them and share a spiritual thought. It was nerve wracking, but so cool. They are soooo friendly and I could actually understand most of what they were saying!! It was so awesome and I can't wait to do it again next week. In 2 weeks, I'll be in the Philippines!!

Malipay Kaayo ko! Salamat para nagbasa ka akong e-mail ug naglaum ko imong kinabuhi sa maayo!

Amping!


Sister Healey




Maddie's entire district:  From Left to right: (Top row: Sis. Mower, Sis. Saafi (from Tonga), Sis. Powell,
Sis. Healey, Sis Allen.
Mid Row: Elder Clark, Elder Allen, Elder Eberhard, Elder Butterworth
Bottom Row: Elder Kuraotio (from Kiribati), Elder Robison)




Sister Powell, Sister Healey and Sister Allen



No comments:

Post a Comment