Flag

Flag

Addresses:

Email:
Madison.Healey@myldsmail.net

PHILIPPINES TACLOBAN MISSION:
Sister Madison May Healey
Philippines Tacloban Mission
511 Maharlika Highway
Fatima Village
Tacloban City, LEYTE 6500
Philippines

Monday, October 5, 2015

Eating lots of rice and fish! Caught in a rainstorm.

Kamusta kada usa!

It's been kind of a rough week, but so many amazing things have happened as well! We got punted a lot and almost all of our appointments fell through because the people wouldn't be home or would just tell us not to come back. It happens, and people have their agency. But I'm not discouraged! We have been able to do quite a few on the spot lessons! It's so awesome when we would start to share our message then families would invite us into their homes. The spirit was so strong as we testified and taught. And a lot of the time we almost didn't even talk to those people, but it turned out so well and they were interested. It just goes to show you how the Lord really does prepare people and we don't know who does or doesn't want to know. And sometimes I think even the people themselves don't know until it happens. That's why it is so important that we open our mouths and follow the spirit. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and that we need to do our part, live righteously and worthily so that we can listen to the promptings of the spirit.
 
I had my first rainfall here in the Philippines! And we were caught without umbrellas! Haha so we were soaked within seconds. And there was a funeral this week. It was a part-member family and was really sad because a lot of the family seemed so lost in despair. I am so grateful that we have the Plan of Salvation and I know that we will be able to see our family again someday.

We have one progressing investigator with a baptismal date! Kim Piamonte!  All of his family are members and we are so excited for him! Other than Kim, we have mostly been out teaching less-actives and proselyting. Filipinos are so awesome. I love the culture here. They say yes by raising their eyebrows, they don't nod their head. It makes me smile every time. And they point with their lips.

Everyone calls us "Mam" and I thought they were saying "Mom" haha. I was so confused for my whole first week until I asked Sister Newton about it. She just laughed. So many things here are new and different, and even though she is American, she just forgets about it because it's what she is used to now. She said she will probably have  a culture shock when she goes home. I feel like I have been in Naval for forever. Our area is so huge, I don't know if we will ever be able to go to all of it. This week there was A fiesta where the Catholics worship their Saints, so there were a lot of street vendors and family gatherings going on. And a lot of Karaoke. haha they call it Videoke? If that's how you even spell it. And whether they are good singers or not, (most often not, haha) they just blast it. It's so fun.

I've been eating a LOT of rice and fish. haha. And so far the only thing that I just don't like is Jackfruit. haha that stuff is gross. It's like a vegetable and a fruit. There are so many different kinds of fruits here! It's awesome!

SO much has happened and I have experienced so many amazing things. I'm excited for the rest of my mission and for all the amazing people I will meet and experiences I will have.

Love you all and hope you're doing well!


Sister Healey

It's so beautiful here!

The view from our apartment. Just a small glimpse of Naval. We are on the edge.

Sister Healey and Sister Newton



No comments:

Post a Comment